TYPE OF POSITION: We are looking for a part-time adjustment counselor to work with elementary (K-4) and middle school (6-7), students in 2010-2011 with a start date in August 2010. This position may grow to full-time as the school grows. We are growing and add two grades per year. We will be full K-8th in 2012.
• Helps students attain an optimum level of personal and social adjustment by developing a positive working relationship with the teaching staff and other support service personnel to identifyproblems, share information and design programs.
• Counsels students individually and in small groups. Must be able to respond to needs of students with social, emotional and behavioral needs.
• Provides behavior support and programming for students.
• Experience working with a diverse student body.
• Consult with parents, teachers, administrators, and supporting agencies concerning the needs and abilities of students.
• Ensure that all activities conform to school guidelines.
• Communicate effectively with all members of the school and community.
• Experience supporting students on IEPs, including evaluating student needs, drafting IEP goals, delivering direct social, emotional, behavioral services and documenting progress.
• Assists in the admission, record keeping, placement and discharge of students.
• Implements and interprets for students, faculty, and parents evaluative appraisals of students.
• Works collaboratively with teachers and staff to implement social curriculum using Responsive Classroom and Second Step.
• Performs other related duties as requested by the administration.
1. Master's Degree in counseling, social work, education or related field
2. Massachusetts certification or appropriate license
3. Experience working with elementary age students in an educational or human services setting
4. Fluent in oral and written English.
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .