TYPE OF POSITION: Multiple full time positions for 2013-2014 with benefits and start date in summer.
Applicants must be fluent (native or near native proficiency) in Mandarin Chinese; have a BS degree; and be eligible to work in a MA
charter school (i.e. pass the appropriate MTEL licensing tests within a year of hire or hold a current MA elementary and/or secondary teaching license).
Advanced degree in education and teaching experience with elementary (K-5) and/or middle school (6-8) preferred.
- Planning, developing and implementing class curriculum compliant with state standards under the supervision and with the advice of the Principal or designee.
- Developing and teaching content-based immersion curriculum in core subject areas including math, science, social studies and Chinese Language Arts.
- Providing direct services to students, consulting with other professionals, meeting and discussing issues with parents, planning, delivering, and evaluating instructional outcomes, and conducting the research needed to perform the essential functions of the position. The direct instruction is delivered in the classroom and as a field experience. Consultation with parents, other professionals, and agencies may take place outside the classroom or school.
- Working as a team member, sharing common planning, professional development, curriculum design, and teaching responsibilities with your team which includes Chinese and English speaking members.
- Assessing student progress toward curricular goals. Teachers will use multiple measures for formative and summative assessments, reflecting best practices in assessment. Teachers will use standardized and internal testing to assess class performance, suggest adjustments in instructional language mix, provide a baseline for student achievement, measure individual growth, highlight areas needing individual attention, and identify areas for professional development and curriculum enhancement.
- Other duties as assigned by administration.
We are seeking energetic, enthusiastic, creative individuals who will communicate well with parents, staff and teachers in the school.
Applicants must have the skills to work in a small school as a member of a team committed to building and promoting the school's Mandarin
Chinese immersion program.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .