TYPE OF POSITION: Full time position with benefits, for the 2010-2011 school year with start date in August 2010.
Applicants must be native English speakers; have a BS degree; and be eligible to work in a MA charter school (i.e. pass the appropriate
MTEL licensing tests within a year of hire or hold relevant elementaryor secondary Massachusetts teaching license). Advanced degree in
education, experience teaching English Language Arts and other core subjects to middle school students preferred.
We are seeking energetic, enthusiastic, creative individuals who will communicate well with parents, staff and teachers in the school.
Applicants must have the skills to work in a small school as a member of a team committed to building and promoting the school's mission.
English speaking teachers are responsible for delivering the portion of the curriculum that is taught in English. Duties include:
- Planning, developing and implementing class curriculum compliant with state standards under the supervision of the Principal or designee.
- Designing and teaching English Language Arts and Social Studies to middle school students.
- Supporting content-based immersion curriculum in other core subject areas.
- Providing direct services to students, consulting with other professionals, meeting and discussing issues with parents, planning, delivering, and evaluating instructional outcomes, and conducting the research needed to perform the essential functions of the position.
- The direct instruction is delivered in the classroom and as a field experience. Consultation with parents, other professionals, and agencies may take place outside the classroom or school.
- Working as a team member, sharing common planning, professional development, curriculum design, and teaching responsibilities with your team which includes English and Chinese speaking teachers.
- Assessing student progress toward curricular goals. Teachers will use multiple measures for formative and summative assessments, reflecting best practices in assessment. Teachers will use standardized and internal testing to assess class performance and inform teaching practice, make adjustments in instructional methods to improve student achievement, measure individual growth, highlight areas needing individual attention, and identify areas for professional development and curriculum enhancement.
- Other duties as assigned by administration.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .