An IB Chemistry/Physics teacher is needed for the tenth grade science course for the new PVCICS high school program, Integrated Science for Grade 10 - An Introduction to Chemistry and Physics. The position may be part or full time depending upon the skills of individual candidates and the needs of the school at the time of application. We encourage applicants to present all skills that may contribute to the overall success of the PVCICS K-12th grade program. PVCICS will provide International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme professional development for Chemistry and/or Physics for the right candidate.
- Planning, developing and implementing class curriculum compliant with state standards under the supervision and with the advice of the Principal or designee.
- Teaching students, consulting with other professionals, meeting and discussing issues with parents, planning, delivering, and evaluating instructional outcomes, and conducting the research needed to perform the essential functions of the position. The direct instruction is delivered in the classroom and as a field experience. Consultation with parents, other professionals, and agencies may take place outside the classroom or school.
- Working as a team member, sharing common planning, professional development, curriculum design, and teaching responsibilities with your team which includes Chinese and English speaking members.
- Assessing student progress toward curricular goals. Teachers will use multiple measures for formative and summative assessments, reflecting best practices in assessment. Teachers will use standardized and internal testing to assess class performance, suggest adjustments in instructional language mix, provide a baseline for student achievement, measure individual growth, highlight areas needing individual attention, and identify areas for professional development and curriculum enhancement.
- Other duties as assigned by administration.
- Massachusetts Teacher Certification in high school Chemistry and Physics
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Masters degree preferred
- International Baccalaureate experience/training preferred
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese is desirable
We are seeking energetic, enthusiastic, creative individuals who will communicate well with parents, staff and teachers in the school.
Applicants must have the skills to work as a member of a team committed to building and promoting the school's Mandarin Chinese immersion program.
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
PVCICS is an equal opportunity employer.