Full time with benefits, start date December 15, 2010 for rest of 2010-2011 academic year. Position is a long-term substitute for a teacher on maternity leave.
English speaking teachers are responsible for delivering the portion of the curriculum that is taught in English. Duties include:
• Planning, developing and implementing class curriculum compliant with state standards under the supervision of the Principal or designee.
• Designing and teaching English Language Arts and Social Studies to elementary school students.
• Supporting content-based immersion curriculum in other core subject areas.
• Providing direct services to students, consulting with other professionals, meeting and discussing issues with parents, planning, delivering, and evaluating instructional outcomes, and conducting the research needed to perform the essential functions of the position.
• The direct instruction is delivered in the classroom and as a field experience. Consultation with parents, other professionals, and agencies may take place outside the classroom or school.
• Working as a team member, sharing common planning, professional development, curriculum design, and teaching responsibilities with your team which includes English and Chinese speaking teachers.
• Assessing student progress toward curricular goals. Teachers will use multiple measures for formative and summative assessments, reflecting best practices in assessment. Teachers will use standardized and internal testing to assess class performance and inform teaching practice, make adjustments in instructional methods to improve student achievement, measure individual growth, highlight areas needing individual attention, and identify areas for professional development and curriculum enhancement.
• Other duties as assigned by administration.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
PVCICS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, housing status, gender, age, or disability. We are an equal opportunity employer.