School Librarian/Media Specialist
· Lead effort to set up a new school library and manage its operations for K-12 growing school. This includes developing collection, implementing programs and procedures for new library, and being key member of team implementing library.
· Collaborating with teachers to design and implement units of instruction related to the curriculum using the school library. This includes working with an international and multi-lingual staff.
· Align the school library program with the mission, goals, and objectives of the school, including maintaining bilingual Chinese/English collections.
· Supports and promotes use of instructional technology to improve learning, including educating staff and maintaining digital resources in the library.
· Stays current in professional practices, educational research; maintains active professional memberships
· Advocates for school library and helps with grant writing for library.
· Collects and analyzes data to improve instruction; demonstrates correlations between the school library program and student achievement.
· Develops and administers the school library budget to support library program goals.
· Participates in the recruiting, hiring, training and supervising of library staff and volunteers as the school grows.
· Other duties as assigned by administration.
· Appropriate Certifications: MA certified as a school librarian, have completed a teacher preparation program/ educational degree, and hold a master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association or from a master’s level program in library and information studies.
· At least 3 years of relevant experience as a school librarian preferred.
· International Baccalaureate experience/training and Mandarin Chinese fluency are desirable.
We are seeking energetic, enthusiastic, creative individuals who will communicate well with parents, staff and teachers in the school. Applicants must have the skills to work in a growing school as a member of a team committed to building and promoting the school's Mandarin Chinese immersion program.
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .