The Special Education Teacher provides support and direct instruction to special education students. The Special Education Teacher will provide specialized direct instruction and remediation to students on an IEP in the Resource Room and within the mainstream classroom, as deemed appropriate by the child’s educational plan. The Special Education Teacher will work cooperatively with the other SPED staff, classroom teachers, the Speech & Language Pathologist, the Occupational Therapist, and any other school personnel, who are also working with these designated students.
• Massachusetts Special Education teacher certification
• Highly Qualified Status Teacher
• Knowledge of Special Education procedures & policies
• Experience working with Special Needs Students in either a mainstream classroom or resource room setting
• Ability to develop and write IEPs
• Ability to implement specialized instruction to meet the student IEP goals and objectives
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Team-oriented with a collaborative approach to working with colleagues, administrators, and parents
• The ability and willingness to implement educational best practices in conjunction with the school’s immersion model.
• Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
• Bilingual in Mandarin/English preferred but not required.
To apply: email cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Pioneer Valley Chinese Immersion Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.