On call substitute teachers (native Chinese speaking and English speaking) to cover daily absences and/or short-term absences by regular staff.
- The ability to follow lesson plans, left by the regular teacher.
- Teaching capabilities in all subject areas.
- Excellent communications skills.
- The ability to address the various learning styles of students.
- The ability to implement strategies, activities and techniques for promoting quality student performance in both academic and social behavior based on student's prior knowledge and experience.
- The ability to effectively contribute to and manage an individual program plan for students with special needs.
- The ability to create and maintain a climate of respect and fairness for all students.
- The ability to demonstrate fair and ethical judgments
- The ability to apply appropriate consequences for inappropriate student behavior.
- The ability to display problem solving, cooperative negotiating skills and conflict resolution strategies.
- The ability to use classroom instructional time appropriately and wisely.
- Bachelors degree.
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required.
- Prior experience teaching elementary age students.
Note: Working as a substitute does not guarantee continued employment with the school.